Frequently Asked Questions
Need help? Be sure to visit our support forums for answers to your questions!
No Essex House Removals never charge for quotations that we provide. Whether we visit you for a home survey (recommended) or provide a quotation from a self survey, there is never a charge.
Although based in Essex we are happy to move you anywhere in the United Kingdom or Europe, with regular long distance moves to Scotland and Wales also a firm favourite with our customers. If your moving just down the road or 450 miles away give us a call.
Sure Essex House Removals have fully trained staff in the latest and safest packing techniques. Our packing staff are fully trained and certified to BAR standard. Full or Fragile only packing we are defiantly able to help you.
We take a deposit on all bookings. This way we have a commitment to each other on the booked date, and we guarantee to turn up and on time! There are some companies out there which don't take deposits, will they let you down if a higher paying move comes in? We won't so rest assured that your move will be completed.
Essex House Removals take great pride in how well we will look after your goods. We have invested in a large range of professional padded covers for items such as, sofa's, arm chairs, dinning table's and chairs, flat screen tv's (up to 56 inches), picture and mirror protection, washing machines, tumble dryer's, dishwashers, fridge/freezers, mattresses, cloth rails and even your front door.
Yes we can provide hanging rails for your garments on the day of your move. The move surveyor will assess the amount needed during your free moving survey.
Yes your goods are insured and up to a total of £105,000. The move surveyor will outline this on your quotation and the exact insurance level included as all moves vary.
Yes we cover all of Europe so this is not a problem for us. We love traveling and seeing new places so will be more than happy to move you to the sunshine!
Absolutely not! Unlike some other companies we do not sub contact any of our moves out and we only take on moves that we will carry out ourselves. We do this so that you can be assured of actually moving with Essex House Removals and we won't give your move away if another higher paying move wants to book in.
- If the booking is postponed or cancelled we may charge you depending on the amount of notice given. Our charges are as follows:
- More than 7 days prior to the move - no charge
- Between 3 and 7 working days inclusive before the removal was due to start - not more than 50% of the removal charge.
- Less than 3 days before the removal is was due to start - the full amount.
- If cancellation is with more than 7 days' notice and a deposit has been paid, and/or boxes delivered, then we can make a nominal charge to cover the cost of delivery/collection cancellation.
- By Paying a moving deposit you agree to the cancellation terms and conditions.